Stop Growing! How To Buy Boys Clothes That Last Longer Than A Month
Little boys grow up so quickly; sometimes, it feels like they’ve grown 3 inches overnight! If you find yourself buying clothes for a growing boy only to have them wear it once and then grow out of it, you wouldn’t be alone. At Parnell Baby Boutique, we understand better than anyone the frustration of trying to buy boys clothes one to two sizes up each season, so we’ve got a few tips and tricks to help you choose clothing that lasts longer than a month or two. Once you’ve read through this article, you may even feel confident enough to buy your boys clothes online without having them try it on! So, let's jump in so you can start planning your little boys wardrobe.
Buy High-Quality Clothing
One of the best things you can do when looking for long-lasting clothes is to search for quality. High-quality little boys clothes are designed with fabrics and features that account for a little bit of growth, so they’ll stretch and accommodate a growing boy. They also tend to be a bit more durable than cheaper, lower-quality clothing, so they hold up when boys decide to play rough. So if you’re wondering how to spot high-quality clothes for boys, here are a few hallmarks.
- Look at the materials. Premium quality boys clothing will typically be made from more natural fibres like cotton, linen, or denim. These materials tend to be lighter, more comfortable, and hold up better with frequent washing and wearing.
- Look up the brand. Before you purchase anything, take a look at the brand and do some research. There are plenty of reviewers and mummy bloggers out there with opinions on each kids clothing brand, so you’re pretty much guaranteed to find information on the brand you’re looking for. At Parnell Baby Boutique, we take great pride in stocking boys designer clothes of the highest quality, so no matter which brand you choose, you can rest assured that they’ll be comfortable, fashionable, and long-lasting.
- Ask your local kids clothing specialist. At Parnell Baby Boutique, we love helping people find high-quality, gorgeous kids clothing, so we’re always here to answer any questions you might have about our range. We can help you find fashionable boys clothes and plan ahead for their wardrobe throughout the year.
Buy Bigger Than You Need
When buying boys clothes, the rule of thumb is to buy bigger than you need. Even when you’re buying items for them to wear right now, it can’t hurt to look for something that’s one size up.
- Elastic waistbands. An elastic waistband on kids shorts, pants, or jeans are lifesavers. When it comes to long pants, the elastic will accommodate the waist, but the legs will start to look a little short. Simply roll them up and cuff them!
- Check out sizing charts for reference. Typically kids sizing charts can give you a good idea of the difference between sizes so you can plan a season or two ahead in your shopping.
- Know your child’s measurements. It can really help to know your child’s height, shoulder width, and waist width before buying boys clothing, especially if you plan on buying boys clothes online.
Try To Predict Their Growth
It’s nearly impossible to be 100% accurate when predicting a kid’s growth, but you can definitely do your best to try so you can buy clothes that will last.
- Use an online height calculator. There are online tools available to help parents try and track their child’s growth to make buying clothes a little bit easier. For example, the Omnicalculater site gives you a few options so you can see where your child’s growth might be heading.
- Keep track the old fashioned way. If you’re a fan of getting your kids to stand against the wall to track their growth, by all means, do that! You can work out the averages for growth and buy clothes accordingly. However, this method isn’t always reliable as it doesn’t factor in growth spurts.
Browse Our Range Of Boys Clothes At Parnell Baby Boutique
Founded in 2013, Parnell Baby Boutique offers a unique blend of designer baby and kids brands sourced both locally and internationally. We understand that kids clothing needs to find the balance between fashionable, durable, and comfortable, so we aim to stock brands that understand how kids move and play so you can buy the most adorable, high-quality kids fashion available. So if you’re looking for boys clothes in NZ, head to our online store and browse the range today!
2 colours available