Making Sure You Have Everything Ready For The Little One
Bringing a new baby home is one of the most exciting things you’ll ever do; the rest of your life starts right here. However, before you bring the little one home, you need to make sure you have everything you need to give them the very best start to life. At Parnell Baby Boutique, we stock a wide range of the highest quality toys and baby clothes in NZ. Our products are sourced locally and internationally and are the perfect balance between functional and adorable, so your baby will feel comfortable while looking cute as a button. We’re your one-stop-shop for baby clothes, and we’re here to help you make sure you’ve got everything you need to bring your newest family member home for the first time.
Your New Baby Checklist
If you’re worrying that you’ve forgotten to buy or prepare something for your new baby, you don’t need to stress. The team at Parnell Baby Boutique have put together a checklist to help you get everything ready down to the last detail.
Nursery essentials. You and your baby will be spending a lot of time in the nursery, so you’ll need to make sure you have everything you need close to hand.
- Bassinet and mattress
- A waterproof mattress protector and a few fitted sheet sets
- Change table (preferably one with drawers for storage)
- Changing pad
- A comfortable chair for nursing
- Sleep aids to play white noise or nature sounds
- Night light
- A mobile to give your baby mental stimulation
- Muslin wraps
- Baby-safe detergent for washing clothes
- Cuddly baby blankets
- Baby monitor
The changing station. It’s no secret that babies go through a lot of diapers. It’s not the most glamorous job, but with the right tools, it can be a whole lot easier.
- Nappies (cloth or disposable depending on your preference)
- Pins, velcro, and waterproof covers for cloth diapers
- Nappy rash cream like our Willow by the Sea Bottom Balm
- A specialty nappy bin to contain the smell
Feeding essentials. Feeding time doesn’t have to be difficult, and there are plenty of items to make it fun for you and bub.
- Burp cloths to protect your clothes from spit-up
- Nursing covers
- A nursing pillow
- Bottles and nipples
- Breast pump
- A bottle warmer
- Bottle brush
- Bottle steriliser
Baby toys. Even the tiniest babies need a few mentally stimulating toys to help them with their cognitive and gross motor development. We’d recommend choosing high-contrast colours, particularly red, as this is the first colour your baby will see.
- A baby swing
- A baby bouncer
- A portacot
- Simple toys like rattles, plush toys, and toys that make interesting sounds
- Books with textures and high-contrast colours
- A playmat
Bath essentials. Make sure you’ve got all the bathtime essentials, so your baby is clean, fresh, and happy.
- Baby-friendly shampoo
- Mild, baby-friendly soap
- A cup or scoop for washing the head and hair
- Soft towels
- Gentle washcloths
- Soft-bristled hairbrush
- Nail clippers
Healthcare. Many new parents don’t think about the things their baby might need when sick until they’re actually sick. It’s better to have things ready to go in advance.
- First aid kit
- Baby syringe
- Baby-proofing supplies
- Baby-friendly paracetamol
- Baby thermometer
Out and about essentials. When you need to take the little one out, it can feel like you’re always forgetting something. With this checklist, you'll never have to worry about that again.
- Rear-facing car seat
- Stroller with rain cover
- Baby carrier or wrap
- Diaper bag
- Sunshade for the car windows
- Portable crib and changing pad
7 Clothing Essentials For Newborns
Makebe manufactures more than just stirrups and the matching stirrup leathers. They have a vast and diverse catalogue of Italian style that is directly available from Sunshine Coast Saddlery. This long list includes: bridles, spurs, horse boots, snaffles and bits, saddle pads, sheets and rugs, exercise bandages, riding boots, men's and women's clothing, and fashion accessories. All made in Italy using the best raw materials from around the world.
- Pyjamas or a sleeping bag. Your little one will spend a lot of their time asleep in the first few weeks of their life, so you’ll need some comfortable pyjamas that cover their little feet. Some parents just invest in a onesie, similar to this Burrow & Be Organic Essentials Sleep Suit, and others prefer a sleeping bag like this Woolbabe 3 Season sleeping bag. If you’re worried about baby’s fingernails scratching their soft skin, maybe try a swaddle with little wings for the arms like the Love To Dream Swaddle Up Original Bamboo swaddle.
- One-piece outfits. One-piece outfits with snaps make change time so much easier, and many parents choose to keep their babies in these simple outfits for the first few months. You can get onesies that cover the arms and legs for winter, like this Burrow & Be Zip Suit or singlet onesies that are more summer-friendly.
- A t-shirt. When you want to take your little one out to see family, friends, or just get some adorable photos, you’ll want a nice shirt or two, like this Wilson & Frenchy Organic Rib Top. We suggest buying one or two in different sizes, so you’ve got clothes ready for when bub grows.
- Stretchy pants. We’d recommend avoiding materials like denim for the first few months of your baby’s life. Stretchy tights or pants are so much easier when it comes to change time, and your little one will be far more comfortable. These Burrow & Be Essential Rib Unisex Leggings are ideal.
- A sweater or cardigan. You’ll need to keep your baby toasty and warm, so a sweater or cardigan in New Zealand winters is a must-have. The Burrow & Be Knit Addison Cardi is perfect for layering in the cooler months.
- Socks or booties. Keep little one’s toes nice and warm with a comfy pair of socks or booties. They don’t need to be as durable as regular shoes; after all, your baby isn’t going to be walking for a while yet. The Snuggle Hunny Merino Bonnet & Booties set offer a pair of cosy booties for the feet and a snug little bonnet to keep baby’s head nice and warm.
- A hat. Your baby’s skin will never be quite as sensitive as it is in the first few months of life, so you need to make sure you provide sun protection all year round. Invest in a high-quality wide-brim hat, like the Little Renegade Company Reversible Bucket Hat, so their little face is protected from harsh UV rays. You should also grab some baby-friendly sun lotion as well if you’re heading outdoors for the day. Little Innoscents Natural Sun Lotion SPF30+ will keep their skin safe all day long.
Why Choose Parnell Baby Boutique?
There are a few reasons why more parents choose Parnell Baby Boutique for designer baby clothes in NZ.
- We don’t compromise on quality. We’re proud to stock only the highest quality designer kids and baby clothes and accessories from all over the world. So when you purchase clothing from Parnell Baby Boutique, you can rest assured that it was made to last.
- We have a huge range of products. From clothing and accessories to bath and beauty products, Parnell Baby Boutique has everything you need to keep your baby and kids looking great and feeling good.
- We’re always here to help. Whether you have questions about sizing or you’re just looking for general advice, the team at Parnell Baby Boutique are always ready to help. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions, concerns, or queries!
- We take opportunities to stock organic products. At Parnell Baby Boutique, we love working with brands committed to creating environmentally-friendly, sustainable products. We understand the importance of sustainable shopping to our customers, so we go above and beyond to work with suppliers using organic materials, sustainable manufacturing practices, and people-friendly policies in all areas of their supply chain.
- We love what we do. At the end of the day, our passion is to provide our customers with stunning, functional baby and children’s clothing. We’ll continue to source the highest quality clothing from brands all over New Zealand and internationally so we can keep bringing the very best products to you.
If You’re Looking For Designer Baby Clothes In NZ, Parnell Baby Boutique Has Everything You Need
Founded in 2013, Parnell Baby Boutique offers a unique blend of designer baby and kids brands sourced both locally and internationally. We understand that kids clothing needs to find the balance between fashionable, durable, and comfortable, so we aim to stock brands that understand how kids move and play so you can buy the most adorable, high-quality kids fashion available. So if you’re looking for baby clothes in NZ, head to our online store and browse the range today!
2 colours available