From newborn to toddler, our baby girl's collection features floral print, sweet stripes and embroidered accessories and clothing
Choosing High-Quality Baby Girl Clothes For A Newborn
If you’re preparing to welcome a new baby girl into the family, you might be imagining all the adorable little outfits you could dress her in. Little bows, dresses, overalls, booties; baby girls look cute in just about anything. However, just because an outfit is cute doesn’t automatically mean it’s high quality. It can be really hard to find baby girl clothes that find the perfect balance between comfortable, durable, high-quality, and adorable, but fortunately for you, you won’t have to look too far. Parnell Baby Boutique is your go-to for premium quality baby girls clothes in NZ. We work with incredible brands from all over the world to deliver the highest quality clothing and accessories to our customers. If you’re wondering how to go about picking quality clothing for baby girls, we’ve got a few tips, tricks, and pieces of advice to get you started.
What Kind Of Clothes Do Newborn Girls Need?
Newborn girls don’t need too many clothes, but they will need high-quality clothes that feel comfortable and are gentle on the skin. Here are a few items of clothing your newborn will definitely need.
- Something to sleep in. Some parents dress their babies in a sleep onesie, and others use a sleeping bag, but whatever you choose, you need to make sure the little one will be warm enough without overheating. You should also consider looking for something that covers their hands and feet, so they don’t accidentally scratch themselves.
- A cardigan. Cardigans are such a versatile item of clothing for newborns. They’re great for layering in the winter, and they’re perfect for when the nights get a bit chilly in the spring and summer.
- Singlets or singlet suits. These versatile items are fantastic for layering in the winter, and they’re cool for the little one to wear all summer long.
- Long sleeve onesies. Whether you choose onesies with booties or no booties, it’s a good idea to have a couple with long sleeves in the wardrobe, even if the baby was born in summer. With enough rain, even the middle of January can get chilly, and you’ll be reaching for those long-sleeve onesies pretty quickly.
- Booties. Newborns don’t need shoes, but they will need little booties to keep their feet nice and warm.
- A hat. Pick an adorable little wide-brimmed hat to keep baby’s face protected from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Swaddles. While they aren’t technically a form of clothing, they might as well be. Swaddles help keep a newborn cosy and warm while simultaneously preventing them from scratching their face in their sleep. If you’re out and about and don’t have your sleeping bag on you, just swaddle baby, and they’ll be quite content to take a nap.
Factors To Consider When Buying Newborn Baby Girl Clothes
Before you start buying every adorable outfit you come across, here are some factors you’ll need to consider while shopping.
- Materials. A baby’s skin is so soft and sensitive, so you need to invest in high-quality materials that won’t give them irritations like a rash. We’d recommend looking for natural fibres like organic cotton, azlon from soy, or rayon from bamboo for newborn girls.
- Safety. Some cute baby girls clothes come with little bows, ribbons, buttons, and other pieces of decoration attached. However, unless these pieces are very firmly attached, they pose a choking risk to your baby. The higher quality the brand, the more likely any decoration is to be securely attached to the garment, but be wary anyway. You’ll also need to choose flame-resistant fabrics, especially when your baby begins to be more active and mobile.
- Sizing. Newborns don’t stay newborns for long. They grow and change every day, so we’d suggest buying outfits in different sizes. If there’s an outfit you really like, or you’re planning an outfit for an event a few weeks away, buy it in a size or two up from their current size so baby will still fit when she grows.
- Changing. The first couple of months of your baby’s life are going to be a never-ending flow of diaper changes, and you’re going to want to make it as easy for yourself as you possibly can. Some outfits for newborns come with clips and necklines that make changing a breeze, so we’d suggest stocking up on the clothes that are going to make your life simple.
- Weather. When shopping for newborn baby girl clothes in NZ, you have to think about the temperature and the weather. In summer, you can get away with lighter onesies, t-shirts, and tights, but in winter, you’ll need to layer the little one up before heading out. So invest in some booties, bonnets, warm cardigans, and cosy swaddles to keep baby nice and warm. When in doubt, count how many layers you’re wearing and dress bub in the same plus an extra layer.
Parnell Baby Boutique’s Top Tips For Choosing Baby Clothes
If you’re still struggling to decide what to buy, the team at Parnell Baby Boutique have a few tips for choosing baby girls clothes online.
- Choose comfort over style. Newborns don’t know anything about fashion, and they’re not going to care if their sparkly headband looks cute; they just know it’s itchy, and they want it gone. If you’re ever in doubt about newborn baby girls clothes, always opt for comfort over fashion.
- Avoid buying too many separates. A newborn baby’s umbilical cord will still be healing in the early weeks, and that will get in the way of any pants or skirt sets you might have purchased. Stick to one-piece outfits as much as you can.
- Get a couple of really nice outfits. If you’ve got an event or a photoshoot where you need your newborn to look adorable, pick two outfits for the day. Dress them in one and bring the other as a backup in case of any spit up or poop emergencies. Trust us; you’ll probably need the spare tutu!
- Before deciding on quantity, consider how often you do the washing. Some parents can do a load of washing every day, so they don’t need as many clothes for their newborn. On the other hand, some parents are hard-pressed finding the time to sleep and eat, let alone get the washing done. So consider your schedule before you decide how many pieces of clothing the baby might need.
- Do some research before you buy. Before investing in baby girl clothes, do some research online and see what parents and caregivers are saying about different brands. If you need to, you can get in touch with the team at Parnell Baby Boutique too, and we’ll help you select a few items your baby girl will look adorable and feel comfortable in.
Head To Parnell Baby Boutique To Browse Our Range Of Baby Girl Clothes
Founded in 2013, Parnell Baby Boutique offers a unique blend of designer baby and kids brands sourced both locally and internationally. We understand that kids clothing needs to find the balance between fashionable, durable, and comfortable, so we aim to stock brands that understand how kids move and play so you can buy the most adorable, high-quality kids fashion available. So if you’re looking for baby girl clothes, head to our online store and browse the range today!